Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday , Sweet Sunday

I really love Sundays . The cafe is closed. Its quietand today, it has rained all day. Its a day that Henri and I get to reconnect for the week . Doesn't mean that we don't work- I certainly have enough to do. He does weekly specials based on available seasonals. His father calls us perfect two year olds- we play nicely by ourselves together.But then its really about the balance between work and personal lives.
We have a large order of  fruit coming in this week- I love the way that they smell when they are fresh . I found a recipe to surprise him with this week. He's pretty sharp so I have to work to put something past him . I normally think of cider for fall but can't think of any reason why it would not be just as nice in the spring.
<> <> <> <> <> <>

Country Witch Eggnog
1 cup apple cider
3 cups milk
2
eggs, beaten
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons brandy
Combine all of the
ingredients in a large cauldron or pot and cook over
medium heat for 13
minutes. Pour the hot eggnog into mugs and top each
serving with fresh whipped cream (if desired).
Country-Witch Eggnog is
the perfect drink to serve your Wiccan friends and
family members at
Yuletide (Winter Solstice) and Ostara (Spring Equinox)
Sabbats.
(This recipe yields two quarts.)

~Gerina Dunwich -The Wicca
Spellbook~
Its much too soggy to go out today . Plus the dogwood is just starting to bloom , and I am allergic. (Betcha thought I was going to say garlic .) I challenged Chef to sit still long enough to watch Las Vegas season 4 disc 4 this morning. He countered with True Blood season 1 disc 2. I hope that it was intended as a comedy because we both found it funny.
 
I did finish Blood Prophecy. Liked the writing, hated the rats . Plus I dislike vampires not staying true to their nature. But I suppose that its mostly humans who buy the books so what ever makes them comfortable.
 
I am currently reading a book on designer Edith Head. For those too young to remember her- think Edna in the Incredibles- the character was based on her.
 
Bon soir et Bon Apetit,
Arina Copain
Office manager
 

No comments:

Post a Comment