Sunday, March 27, 2011

New on the Menu

There is something that will sound different about to appear on the lunch menu . It was a recipe that Chef found on the internet , and  being rarely satisfied, tweaks everything. Its called bacon cheeseburger pasta. With the popularity of fried pickles  growing, it even has pickles in it. ( Yeah , there was a moment of gross out factor for me as well but , with my involvement with Henri , came the responsibilities of test subject. ) It has everything in it that you would find in a bacon cheeseburger. The pickles are not fried but they are hot. He experimented with about four brands of pickles , and surprise, the ones that held up best were Breckenridge Farms Hamburger Chips- Bigger shock, these are the least expensive ones that I buy for home use at my local dollar store. They seem to hold up better under the heat,staying crisp.  He upped the cheese from cheddar to sharp cheddar as well. It is amazing and good. 
The men with the notebooks are back. We thought that they might be critics or from the health department but that does not seem to be the case. They are very secretive about the notes that they are taking. It might be nothing but they act like students cheating on a test, they are trying so hard not to be noticed that ,of course, they command our attention when at the cafe. We did speak with the Sheriff in case we are being set up for a robbery. They just don't feel right. 
This being Sunday , Henri and I spent some time on our own. We watched the last four episodes of  True Blood (Season One ) while we drank our coffee this afternoon. Can't this poor girl find herself a Human boyfriend? Even her boss is s shape shifter... I like the Vampire sheriff- he's hot. And as for Bill's Fledgling? The eposode whould have been titled "When Good Christian Girls Go Wild." I don't think much of Bill as a training master. But he does have it bad for Sookey. 
Bon Soir et Bon Apetit ,
Arina Copain,Office Manager

4 comments:

  1. Think I'll pass on the pickles in whatever that was. eeeek.
    My husband tweeked his chili today and added a few teaspoons of cocoa. He is quite excited about this. He used all organic, which he's proud of too. He's certainly missed his calling. Too bad he has a head cold, though.

    Hmm, those characters do seem strange. Keep an eye on them and keep us up-dated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an actual recipe sent to me via the internet - and its different but not awful- I was intrigued by the ingredients . Part of my shopping is done at restaurant supply store near my house. Plus I used to Mother's Helper a real chef and his family when I was in hs. There is alot of him in Henri regarding the professional aspect.

    As to the men with notebooks- that I will

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounded like a great Sunday afternoon. I usually lop hair all day on Sunday. Woohoo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, Shelly- I have a cat (Maxie Malone for the Glenn Close Character ) that loved the aroma of my shampoo and stands on my shoulders to smell it.

    ReplyDelete